These instructions will give you the steps needed to upload a Powerpoint or Keynote presentation file to the Global Connections course website.
1. Create a free Authorstream account and stay logged in.
Go to http://www.authorstream.com/ and create a free account.
2. Click the Upload dropdown and select “Single File Upload.”
3. Browse to find your file, then click “Open” to upload it into Authorstream.
Your file will take a few minutes to process. Fill in the appropriate title, description, tags, and categories while you wait.
4. Once the upload is complete, click the “WordPress Embed” link to the right of the presentation.
5. Copy the embed code for the “Embed for hosted site or blog” option
6. Go back to the Global Connections website and click the “+ New” dropdown, then select “Post”
If you are not already logged into the site, you may have to log in again by entering your username and password at http://globalconnections.champlain.edu/wp-admin.
7. Enter your title and description of the presentation into your post.
8. Select your Instructor and Course Section from the dropdown menu in each text field.
If you don’t know the course section you’re in, navigate to your course in Canvas and look for the section # in the top left corner of your course.
9. Make sure the “Text” tab is selected
10. Paste the embed code into the text window.
Please note: You might want to hit enter a few times before you paste, to leave some space between the presentation and your descriptive text.
11. Click the appropriate category that applies to the topic your post is about.
12. Create any tags you would like to use and click “Add” to include them.
These tags have not been pre-created and are optional, but they will allow you to add any more specific and unique tags in order to seperate your post from others.
13. Click Publish to make your post appear on the website.
Your post is now vieweable to others and users will be able to view your Powerpoint/Keynote presentation.