These instructions will give you the steps needed to upload a video from a supported third-party video site (YouTube, Vimeo, Hulu, etc.) to the Global Connections course website. Using a third-party video hosted site will ensure that we do not go over our space requirements for media uploads to the Global Connections website.
Please Note: You will need to make the video you are uploading public or it will not be vieweable to other users.
1. Go to the video site that you have previously uploaded your video and copy the website URL.
2. Go to the Global Connections website, click the “+ New” dropdown, then select “Post”
If you are not already logged into the site, you may have to log in again by entering your username and password at http://globalconnections.champlain.edu/wp-admin.
3. Enter your title of the presentation into your post.
4. Select your Instructor and Course Section from the dropdown menu in each text field.
If you don’t know the course section you’re in, navigate to your course in Canvas and look for the section # in the top left corner of your course.
5. Paste the website URL of your video into the text box.
The following are the accepted third-party WordPress video hosting platforms:
6. Click the appropriate category that applies to the topic your post is about.
7. Create any tags you would like to use and click “Add” to include them.
These tags have not been pre-created and are optional, but they will allow you to add any more specific and unique tags in order to separate your post from others.
8. Click “Publish” to make your post appear on the website.
Your post is now viewable to others and users will be able to view your video presentation.